Ramen Homemade : Ingredients
- To prepare the broth: Beef knee bones
- 1.5 kg of cut chicken
- Chinese chives
- 150 g. shitake mushrooms
- 30 g. Dried tuna powder or flakes, katsuobuchi
- 4 carrots
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorns
- 100 ml. soy sauce
- 100 ml. Thai fish sauce
- 100 ml. mirin
- 100 ml. sake
- 20 g. kobu seaweed
- Accompaniments: 6 slices fresh pork loin
- 300 g. Ramen noodles
- Chinese chives, spring onion
- 6 eggs
Ramen Homemade, a Japanese soup recipe that today has crossed the borders of its country of origin and has spread around the world like wildfire. Ramen is a Japanese soup that is actually of Chinese origin and that bases its success on its umami flavor.
Today we are going to make ramen, but not with those prepared envelopes that we can find in any Asian products store, today we are going to make homemade ramen with all the calm in the world.
This dish is based on an intense meat-based broth to which a series of ingredients are added – bacon, pork loin, eggs, nori seaweed, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, Chinese chives… There are many toppings that can be added to this broth.
Of course, the secret of success is, in large part, in the broth. Getting an intense base with an umami flavor as best as possible, we can achieve it if we use the necessary ingredients. On the one hand the meat, the usual thing is to use pork bones or even chicken. A quick way, would be adding a little miso paste, will give a plus to your ramen.
It is clear that it takes time and that there will always be more to go in this issue of preparation, you can complicate it as much as you want and adapt to the tastes of your home. Today’s recipe is the one we like at home, which has evolved, because we are fans of this type of Japanese soup, as well as miso soup. And of course, there is a tasty and authentic ramen, the result of this recipe is at the height of the best you have ever tasted.
Ramen Homemade : Preparation of broth for ramen Soup base
- In a casserole we put 2 liters of water and, when its temperature reaches 65º C, add the kombu seaweed. Hold for 30 minutes. After this time remove half of the water by straining it and reserving it. Put the casserole back on the fire, this time only with 1 liter of water, and raise the temperature to 85ºC.
- Add the dried tuna powder or dried tuna scales, let stand for 5 minutes at 85ºC and remove the casserole from the heat. We booked this katsuobushi broth.
- With the rest of the seaweed water that we have reserved, we put it back in a new pot on the fire. Take the broth to 40ºC, add the clean shitake mushrooms and keep at 40ºC for 30 minutes. After this time remove the casserole from the heat.
- In an espresso pot add the mushroom broth, the shitake mushrooms themselves, the seaweed broth and previously strained dry tuna (discard the kombu seaweed), the knee bones, the cut chicken, the carrots, the Chinese chives or spring onion, the peppercorns, the coriander, the salt, the soy sauce, the Thai fish sauce, Mirin and sake.
- The chicken will be added with all its skin as it will give a lot of flavor to the broth. Once cooked we can defat it without problems, so we will not worry a priori about the fat that the chicken may have.
- Close the express pot and put it on the fire. We cook the broth of our ramen for about 2 hours. After this time let it cool and store the broth in the fridge. Preferably from one day to the next, so that the fat rises to the surface, solidifies and we can easily remove it the next morning.
Ramen Homemade : Preparation of ramen. Final presentation
- Once we have the broth defatted and clean we heat it again since the Ramen Homemade has to be served very hot.
- While heating the broth, prepare the ingredients of the Ramen Homemade On the one hand we cook the eggs for no more than 5 or 6 minutes. They must be left with the yolk without curdling completely. Once the 6 minutes have elapsed, cool them in cold water to cut the cooking. Peel them and dip them in soy sauce while preparing the rest of the ingredients of the dish.
- Cut the Chinese spring onion into slices and set aside.
- Cook the Chinese noodles following the manufacturer’s instructions and set aside. Fry lightly, without passing it too much, pork loin.
- Assemble the dish, serve the very hot broth of the ramen in the bowls we have chosen. Add the rest of the ingredients to each bowl. The egg split in two, one of the fillets of pork loin, a part of the noodles for ramen and sprinkle with spring onion.
- Serve the ramen very hot ready to enjoy it.
Do not forget to enjoy all the soup recipes that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step homemade Japanese ramen recipe.
Ramen Homemade : Tips for a pacifier ramen
- In order not to mess up too much and show that we can make a more than decent ramen at home, the only accompaniments of the broth that we are going to add are those that we can get very easily, eggs, pork loin, noodles for ramen and spring onion. Simply with these and a category broth, we will have a ramen to lick your fingers.
- On this occasion I have used beef knee bone that brings great flavor to the broths. Preparing these liquids with a base of kombu, shitake and tuna, we get a luxury ramen broth.
- Although the process is not complicated, it is true that it takes time. Luckily nowadays we can help ourselves with new technologies and cook the ramen broth in an espresso pot instead of spending 5 or 6 hours attending to the casserole.
- With this process we achieve an intensity of flavors and aromas that will make our ramen a luxury item. The other option is to prepare an express ramen using some quality broth … although the final result will not be the same.Ramen Homemade
- Source : Ramen