You can easily uninstall apps from your iPhone. If you change your mind, you can download these apps again later.
How to delete apps on iphone : Uninstall apps
Follow these steps:
- Remove an app from the Home screen. Tap and hold an app on the Home screen, tap Uninstall an app, then tap Delete from home to leave it in your app library, or tap Uninstall an app to delete it from your iPhone.
- Remove an app from your app library and home screen. Tap and hold an app in the app library, tap Uninstall an app, then tap Uninstall. (See para. Search for apps in the app library.) How to delete apps on iphone
If you change your mind, you can re-download the deleted apps.
In addition to removing third-party apps from the Home screen, you can also uninstall the Apple apps listed below that’s built into your iPhone.
- Contacts (contact information is available in the Phone, Messages, Mail, FaceTime, and other apps; you must restore the Contacts app to delete a contact)
- Locator (uninstalling this app does not turn off Location Sharing and Locator for finding devices or items; uninstalling removes the ability to view locations in the Locator app on that device)
- iTunes Store
- Quick Commands
- Television set
- Wallet (Deleting this app doesn’t remove maps stored in iCloud.)
Note to How to delete apps on iphone When you uninstall a built-in app from the Home screen, all associated data and configuration files are also deleted. Removing built-in apps from the Home screen can affect other system functions. Cm. Apple Support article Uninstall apple built-in apps from your Apple Watch or iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device.
To delete an app on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- On the home screen, tap and hold the app icon you want to delete until all the icons start wiggling.
- A small “X” will appear in the upper-left corner of the app icons. Tap the “X” on the app you want to delete.
- A pop-up message will appear asking if you want to delete the app. Tap “Delete” to confirm.
- The app will be deleted from your iPhone. Press the home button to exit the app-deletion mode.
Note: Some apps that come pre-installed on the iPhone, like Safari or the App Store, cannot be deleted.